Repairing Steps of Interlocking Brick

Old 10-01-03, 10:48 AM
ruxpin
Visiting Guest
Question Repairing Steps of Interlocking Brick

Hello There,

Our front entrance has 2 steps of interlocking brick. The problem is that the bricks are loose and a danger to walk on. How do I get the bricks to stay in place again ? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Rux

Old 10-01-03, 12:01 PM
B
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I was talking to a company that manufactures concrete pavers (Borgert) regarding a paving project at my house in which I want to cover the existing concrete steps with pavers. He said they have a special adhesive for attaching the pavers to the concrete. He claimed that the adhesive is strong enough that if I tried to pry the pavers off the concrete, the concrete will spall off before the adhesive will fail.

You might try calling a supplier that carries the type of pavers you have and ask for their advice; they may have an adhesive that will work.

Bruce

Old 10-01-03, 12:01 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you could post a photograph of which interlocking bricks these are, we might be able to come up with some solutions. Post a photograph to a web site and link to it from your post here.

Old 10-01-03, 12:39 PM
ruxpin
Visiting Guest
Thanks guys. Here is a little web page with the pics of my steps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://members.rogers.com/rux/interlock_brick.html

- Rux

Old 10-01-03, 09:02 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It appears that the 'foundation' or base has shifted. I suspect that rebuilding them from the underlying sand base will solve the problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: