Texturing Stucco

Old 11-29-03, 09:55 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Texturing Stucco

I need to repair a large section of stucco on the exterior of my house due to cracks. The stucco is textured in what can be best described as a knockdown type pattern. How does one apply the finish to match the original pattern - are texture guns available for this similar to texture guns for drywall?

Old 11-30-03, 08:03 AM
I've got a marshalltown sprayer, used it for stucco, as well as all sorts of interior drywall finishing.

Are you needing to do an entire wall or just fix some cracks? Might post back over in walls & ceilings.

Old 11-30-03, 09:36 AM
Is that a dedicated sprayer that you have or is it something that will attach to a compressor. I have a 13 gallon compressor that will put out 6.5 SCFM @ 40 PSI.

I need to do about 1/2 section of a pillar next to the garage door (about 1' X 3') - so not too large. The damage has been caused by some unknown object hitting it so the whole sction is going to have to be repaired. I'm calling a contractor to assess whether any structural damage has occurred. If the damage is only to the stucco I plan to patch it myself.

thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: