cost of retaining wall

Old 12-04-03, 09:37 AM
floatinghead
Visiting Guest
cost of retaining wall

Hi,

I'm in the process of buying a house and need to account for a few ( read many!) fix items. The house sits high on the lot with the ground sloping down to the sidewalk on the one side. It was stated in a previous inspection report that a retaining wall need to be built to prevent further erosion. The ground height from the sidewalk to the house level is about 12 ft at a reasonably steep grade. The length of the wall would be about 130 feet and would need to be around 4 ft in height. I'm not sure about materials ( wood or stone/concrete).

any ballpark estimates of what this might cost?? We might also put in a driveway on that same side, which could provide some backfill for the wall. any information or guidance would be appreciated!

thanks,

baron

Old 12-04-03, 09:49 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
There are many variables locally with construction costs. It might be worthwhile to have a couple of contractors come out and give estimates. This would give you some figures that reflect local conditions.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-05-03, 03:58 PM
millertime
Visiting Guest
are you planning on doing it by yourself?, or having it done by someone else.

and whether or not it has to be engineered is a critical question.

Old 12-07-03, 04:23 PM
floatinghead
Visiting Guest
contracting out..probably

We will probably have someone else do the job. I want to make sure that drainage is thought of as well as structural integrity of the wall and surrounding ground. I certainly don't want to be doing this again in the near future!

For me, the complication becomes integration of a garage in the same dig as the retaining wall. I might try and post a sketch of the area so you can see the elevation changes...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: