Need Advice - Cutting thru 3" Cement Crawlspace for Drainage

Old 01-01-04, 02:30 PM
lbi2000
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Need Advice - Cutting thru 3" Cement Crawlspace for Drainage

Experienced advice would be appreciated. I have a 25ft x 25ft crawlspace. The builder did a 'rat pore' which basically is plastic sheething over the dirt and then a 1.5"-3.0" pore of cement with no rebar over it. I have a high water table and occasionally ( last month due to lots of rain ) the water rises and i get about 2" of standing water through hydraulic water pressure cracks across the floor. I have been upset for 10 years, using a portable sump on floor, but finally want to do something about this to fix permanently.

I want to cut out a 9" line along all sides and run pvc piping into a sump in one corner.

What is the best/fastest way to cut this line around the peremeter ? Is it one of those saws that has a water hose hooked up to keep the dust down and keep the blade cool ? I'm wondering if i should rent such a thing or have someone come in and do it quickly that knows how to do this.

Advice ?

Thanks
lbi2000

Old 01-01-04, 02:46 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How much headroom in the crawlspace?

I'd start by knocking a hole in a designated corner and installing the sump well and pump. If you don't use the area and water comes throught the crete cracks then that would stop the flooding at least.

Sometimes you need to be careful about trying to sump water in a high water table area. I've seen houses with a cattle trough and 2 -3 inch pumps in the floor and the pumps don't stop unless you let the water get within 1/4" from the top of the slab. Plumb scary....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: