Self-leveling Concrete

Old 01-27-04, 05:49 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Self-leveling Concrete

I'm finishing a small (20 x 10) room in my basement. I want to use linoleum flooring. The floor has a couple of low spots as well as places where the concrete is chipped.

I want to try self-leveling concrete to get a uniform, smooth floor. I've never used this product before. Do I just pour it in the low spots, or is it easier to cover the entire floor? What is the minimum thickness the stuff can be? Will the resultant floor be smooth enough for linoleum without any sort of underlayment? Any suggestions/advice welcomed!

Old 01-27-04, 09:20 AM
I
Normally its easier to do the whole floor.
Its basically a simple job: clean the floor, make it humid, mix the material and pour it without making long breaks between the pours. The result is a flat floor, no need for anything else if you do it right, but even if you make some mistakes (and get small "waves", its easy to fix by simple scrabbing.
The usual thickness is from 2 mm to 1 cm. Above that you might get cracks, but best is simply to look at the instructions of the material you buy and follow it to the book. Make sure you keep it wet /humid in the first 2 days, too.

Last edited by itumen; 01-27-04 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-27-04, 12:40 PM
M
Thanks! Sounds just like what I need. I had thought about just filling the low spots but doing the whole floor seems like a better idea.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: