textured concrete

Old 03-04-04, 10:31 AM
R
rob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
textured concrete

Can anyone give me some info regarding doing textured concrete. I don't know if this is the correct name, but I believe it's created by putting what looks like a rubbery stamp on top of the wet concrete and pressing it down so that the concrete will look like stone, etc. (That's as much as I know.) I saw some recently that had the dye in the concrete and it looked very good! I want to do it myself, so I'm looking for instructions.

Part 2: I have walkways on the side and in back of my house that I would like to pave. I'm guessing that the concrete that looks like stone would be much cheaper than stone, in terms of material costs. Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Old 03-04-04, 07:09 PM
C
This is referred to as stamping concrete. A tedious job that is difficult for the homeowner to complete before the concrete sets, unless you are pouring and stamping small sections at a time.

Old 03-04-04, 08:59 PM
R
rob
Thanks for the reply.

Actually, as you mentioned, I would do small sections at a time since it would just be walkways. Do you have any info or links describing the process?

Thanks

Old 03-04-04, 09:43 PM
millertime
Visiting Guest
to do it on your own, you need a release, at least 2 or 3 mats, and mat pounder. you also need to understand concrete finishing to know when you should be stamping it.

I would advise against doing it yourself if you have not seen how much work it actually is.

Old 03-08-04, 01:41 PM
R
rob
Thanks for the replies.

I'm still looking for some background on "stamping" concrete, so if anyone actually knows of a book or some links on the web, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: