Addition to driveway

Old 03-04-04, 11:00 AM
mommyx3
Visiting Guest
Question Addition to driveway

I have a 250 foot driveway that goes right into our garages. There is a small back out section (the width of a car) to allow us to back out of the garage or for someone to park. We would like to widen that area and extend it down a little just to the curve of the driveway. So it is really just widening the top right side. We were told that it will come to 450 square feet of actual concrete. Is this something that I can do and how? I saw how they did the driveway when the house was being built and it looked like they just put wood around as a frame or border, put down some gravel and the mesh on top and then poured the concrete. Is it really that simple or am I missing something? Thanks!

Old 03-04-04, 03:56 PM
millertime
Visiting Guest
what kind of finish is it?

and screeding the concrete is not an easy task if you have never done it before.

Old 03-05-04, 06:09 AM
mommyx3
Visiting Guest
It's concrete. Yes, I've been told that it's not easy, but the contractor wants to charge me almost $3000 for what seems to me to be such a small area. To extend the backout it's an 11'x11' square and then to extend the other part it's 34' long triangle with the widest part being 11' wide and then gets smaller and smaller until it meets at the point. He said it totals 450 square feet and that his fee is $550. Is concrete that expensive? Is this a normal price?

Old 03-05-04, 04:20 PM
millertime
Visiting Guest
I meant finish as in exposed aggregate or flat.

anyway. it depends where you live. but the most I have seen concrete go for is 150 bucks a meter^3.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: