basement walk-out stairs

Old 03-24-04, 07:05 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question basement walk-out stairs

I am putting in a walk out basement with stairs to ground level. Basement is roughly 6.5 to 7 feet below grade. When i put the stairs in from the outside of the house i will be putting a drain at bottom of stairs. Can i connect the drain to weeping tile or does this have to be connected to main sewer?
What is code? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you

Old 03-24-04, 08:03 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: luca1

Question pertains to water drainage not construction or repairing of the stairs, etc. Best answered in the plumbing forum.

Original question in basements has been moved into the plumbing forum topic. The DIY professional plumbers can best offer you advice. Check that forum too.

Web Site Host & Forums Monitor.

Old 03-24-04, 09:25 AM
L
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thank-you SHARP ADVICE !!! very much appreciated.

Old 03-24-04, 09:38 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hi: luca1

Thanks.
My pleasure and part of my job.

Moving questions is only intended to get members the help and advice needed, based on the nature of the question asked.

Below grade level water drainage may required a sump pump. Plumbers install drainage pipes as well as the needed sump pumps.

Plumbers also have contracts with electricians for the power requirements of the pump.

Plumbers also know what types and sizes of water piping to use as well as the local sewage connection code requirements, etc.

There are cases and instances where one of the homeowners best friends is a plumber and the other an electrican...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: