Cracked exterior brick

Old 04-12-04, 07:51 PM
nancyjoya
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Cracked exterior brick

I have an approximately 50 year-old brick house. I notice that all around the house there are small cracks in the bricks. I do not believe the cracks are a problem overall, but I do not like the looks of the cracks. Also, on some of the bricks there are some brown spots. Is there anything I can do to correct the cracking problem/spot problem? I have heard that you can replace the brick, but more than just a few bricks are affected. I was told to powerwash/seal the brick---but what about the cracks? I love the house. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it---thanks in advance!! : )

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-04, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy brick cracks

The only solution to the cracked brick are like you were told cut them out and have them replaced.

If brown spots will come off with power washing, and there are enough of them to warrant this, then have cracked brick replaced then wait for them to set and then power wash the whole job.

Old 04-13-04, 03:39 PM
nancyjoya
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Cracked bricks

Thanks for the information; does anyone know if replacing the cracked bricks is something I should hire someone for? Thanks! : )

Old 04-13-04, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
cutting brick

yes you need someone who can cut out the brick using a power saw with masonry blade, and someone who can re install brick with mortar, this dose not have to be a bricklayer, but he will have the tools to do the job.