Concrete Stamping

Old 05-21-04, 11:45 AM
Chris Perkins
Visiting Guest
Concrete Stamping

Hello Everyone,

I'm your typical DIYfer trying to save a buck or two whenever possible. I just finished out my basement and I'm ready for a new project, specifically either a deck or a concrete patio.

I was looking at some stamped concrete patios and they are simply awesome! My question is, can a DIYfer with a little experience do something like this? If so, is there a website that has instructions of some sort? Although I know this is different and believe me I'm not bragging, but I was able to finish out my entire basement with the help of some books and the internet.

Next question, if a typical DIYfer can't do this, what price per sqft should I expect to hear? One place gave me a minimal quote on the phone for $14/sqft and their minimum dump of concrete was 320 sqft! People, thats 5K! Not what I was thinking for a slab of concrete with a cobblestone impression. Guys, give me some advice and bring me back to reality. Thanks

Old 05-21-04, 05:11 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
As I understand it, the challenge in stamping concrete is to be able finish before the concrete sets up. Therefore, more men and equipment may be required to finish in time.

Last edited by chfite; 05-24-04 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-24-04, 09:18 AM
Chris Perkins
Visiting Guest
Do you have an idea on what time of pricing (either per sqft or sqyd) I should expect to hear from contractors? I know this is high level but I'm not looking for anything fancy and on the highend.

Old 05-24-04, 07:25 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The cost for this type of work varies a lot from region to region. I would call a few contractors who do this work and ask.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: