Question about pressure washing cleaning fluid

Old 05-25-04, 07:09 AM
volfan1
Visiting Guest
Question about pressure washing cleaning fluid

I'm going to be painting my house next week, and I need to pressure wash the exterior first. My question concerns pressure washing cleaning fluid. I've been reading up on some of them, and they say they are biodegradeable. Does that mean that they won't kill the plants & shrubs I have surrounding the house? If they will, what is the best method to prevent that? Thanks for your help in advance.

Old 05-29-04, 12:13 PM
Dave O
Visiting Guest
Anything that is Biodegradable is still toxic to plants and even humans/pets. Biodegradable means it will break down in the environment in a period of time. The more diluted it is the safer it is for plants/flowers. The more diluted though means it won't clean as good as intended. The best thing to do is for you to rinse anything down where you don't want the cleaner to get on, and to keep rinsing with clean water during, and then after procedure. Especially on flowers and leafy greens. Biodegradable breaks down in the environment in years or so on. The stronger the solution the longer it will take. Always make sure none of your solution makes it down any storm sewer that leads to a lake or stream. Even in small quantities it will still harm aquatic life. Always wear protective eye wear and gloves (rubber). Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: