Is this ok, or does it need to be redone??

Old 06-17-04, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is this ok, or does it need to be redone??

The linked pics are of the foundation walls for a new home I'm having built. The builders sub screwed up and filled the hole with what seems to be very weak mortar as I can rub it off with my hand and is very soft. When I brought this issue to the attention of the builder, I was told they would bring the sub out to look and let them handle it. I told the builder that was crap as the sub was the one that did the fix and would surely say it was fine. Well what do you think?

http://www.rlix.com/pics/clarksburg2/insidewall.jpg
http://www.rlix.com/pics/clarksburg2/outsidewall.jpg

Old 06-18-04, 06:04 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
I am not sure what hole you mean, but it is your money. You might have the building inspector drop by and offer a view.

Old 06-18-04, 10:01 PM
Chris,

The hole was where you see the discoloration in the wall.

Today, since the builder didn't call me to give me an update on what they would do. I called the county building inspector and also emailed him the pictures. The inspector, based on the same photos, says it doesn't look good and will be going out on Monday to take a careful look and if it's not up to snuff, they will be redoing the work.

I also got some additional info from the guy building a home on the lot next to mine. He said he was out there today and over heard the builder's foreman and his boss discussing the problem and they were planning on cutting it out. But instead of repouring concrete, they were going to use block!

Yikes! I'm wondering what is going thru the minds of there folks and now will have to let the building inspector know.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: