driveway flooding

Old 07-06-04, 10:54 AM
cthack27
Visiting Guest
driveway flooding

My house is at the start of a downhill grade. If you were standing across the streeet and facing my house you would see the runoff turn into my drive on the right side , flow across and down until it is redirected by the left edge of the lawn and then ends up pooling right in front of my stoop. Please tell me if I'm wrong or if there is a better way to fix this. I figure that if I can stop the water from flowing into the driveway the the other problems would be solved as well. The idea I have is to build a "speed bump" that will force the water to continue down the street as it is intended. Any advice on how to build the "bump" or another way of solving the problem would be much appreciated. I will be posting some pics soon. They may or may not be any help.

Thanks

Chad

Last edited by cthack27; 07-06-04 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-06-04, 07:27 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I agree that keeping the water out in the first place is the ideal way to go. You could build a speed bump style barrier across the driveway out of concrete or asphalt, depending upon your inclination. To manage whatever gets past it, a storm drain in front of the stoop may be the best backup plan.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-07-04, 01:52 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Call your township office, municipality or whatever it is there and see if they would dump some excess blacktop from another job there and fix it. Maybe they will fix it for you since its runoff from the road.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: