conceret curing

Old 07-18-04, 11:49 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
conceret curing

I had my 32x24 pad poured last Monday the 11th July.
After it was done I was told soak it and put a sprinkler or a plastic sheet over it.
I had no sprinkler but did have 6mill sheeting left.

That is what I did. I soaked it and laid the plastic sheeting. For the next few days I sprayed water on it to keep it wet.
After a few days the plastickstarted to make air seams in it. I would spray over it bit still stayed up and wrinkled in some spots.

Yesterday I took the plastic over it and were the plastic was not touching It made like long skid lines were there was air.
On one end wind had blew under it and it was lighter for about a 4x6 run.

Anything I can do to get it all looking the same and get rid of the lines.???

Im not building on this for a few mos. I had to pour this first and then put in my pea gravel drive way. Truck could not go over the driveway.

What else do I need to do to keep my pad in good shape and from cracking?

Thanks
Fatdaddy

Old 07-18-04, 08:43 PM
T
That very well could be something that will go away with time. If not try brushing it with a Brush and just water. If it is stubborn you may have to resort to some type of Concrete cleaner. They make some that are made specificly for mineral stains which I would say this is. Your Home Center is liable to carry this type of Product. A Builders Supply would most likely carry a product line called "Sur-Klean" they make all types of Masonry and Concrete Cleaners. Even a mild Muriatic Acid wash may get rid of it. 9 Parts water to 1 part Muraitic Acid would be a mixture to start with.

Just give it a Week and some washing with Brush and water before you try the Cleaners.

If you need to use the Cleaner wet the Surface down first. Then apply the mixture working it in well with Brush. I have used a plastic Garden watering can to apply the mix. Or just dip it out of a Bucket with a Brush that has a Broom handle on it. Let it stand for 5 minutes then rinse well. Note: Clean all of the Slab.

Note: Most of these Cleaners are not meant to be used at full strength only for the most stubborn of stain should they be use at anywhere near full strength. They also are highly caustic percautions should be taken to protect you and the surroundings. If you have Plants, Grass close by wet the Ground well. Read the instructions!!

Edit: Acid to Water Ratio was to high low for a Mineral stain.

Last edited by themortarman; 07-19-04 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-19-04, 12:59 PM
F
crack

I already have a small 2' crack on the top. It is very light but it is a crack.
What caused that already???

Old 07-19-04, 01:37 PM
T
Hard to say is this something that appears to go all the way into the Slab? Or is just on the Surface. Concrete can shrink as it sets up causing whats called "Checking" where a Vein like look will appear.

Last edited by themortarman; 07-19-04 at 01:51 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: