ways to restore concrete (foundation)?

Old 08-27-04, 09:03 PM
pedersen
Visiting Guest
ways to restore concrete (foundation)?

My garage foundation - poured concrete - has apparently been soaked in water every winter, due to a grading problem. I have now corrected the grading, but the concrete is in bad shape.
When touched or poked at it falls apart, leaving heaps of sand and small stones on the floor. I have tried to remove everything that is obviously loose, but it doesn't seem I ever reach a solid core.
So my questions:
- is there any substance that can be applied to penetrate and restore the structure of the concrete?
- or does anyone have a great idea for how to secure the garage
Thanks in advance
-- elin

Old 08-28-04, 12:21 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
mowpar

If the structure is made of block, poke holes every 2 foot or so and insert 5/8 inch re bar 2 inches up above existing floor letting rebar to penetrate deeply across the top of bad floor, the longer the rebar the better and pour 4 inches of concrete on top of floor. If you need to dig holes down pass the old flooring into the ground to reach firm ground every so often to ensure that the middle of the floor is supported alomg with the edges if wooden structure put more holes in the floor down to firm footing and pour floor in the same way holes should be around 2 foot by two foot wide. Door openings will have to be altered to allow for the 4 inches of concrete. Hope I have helped and given you some ideas

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: