Masonry vs Weather

Old 11-19-01, 06:22 PM
Visiting Guest
Angry painting over marker

I have a room in a rented house that my teenage daughter and her friends have decorated (very artistically) by drawing and writing all over the walls with permanent marker!We are now getting ready to move into our own home and trying to figure out a way to repair the art covered walls so that we don't get sued by the landlord.Does anyone have any ideas on what might cover this mess so that we can paint.The wall was painted with a flat cream color water based paint before the art was done.PLEASE HELP!

Old 10-11-04, 06:07 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Masonry vs Weather

My chimney and flashing are leaking, and I know I need to rebuild the chimney and insert new flashing. Is there a certain temperature that this type of work cannot be done under? Is there still time for me to have this done this year?

Old 10-11-04, 06:49 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not sure what part of the country you are in.
Well Freezing point is the enemey.
You would not want it to be far below freezing for a extended period after laying Bricks. There are many ways to combat freezing weather. We normally follow a rule of thumb 32 and falling stop laying, 30 and rising start laying. Though there are other things to take in consideration here the extended forecast and such. Like I mentioned we take added precautions to protect the work from freezing. In a mild freeze covering the work with plactic sheeting will help, with colder weather we use additives we will even heat the water, extreme cold your shut down. Again we can combat extreme weather if we have to with tents and space heaters.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: