concrete driveway approach/curb

Old 10-22-04, 07:39 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
concrete driveway approach/curb

in my neighborhood the curbs and the driveway approach are all the same height. (seems common in the 70/80's around here?)

anyways the curb is kind of harsh to drive up and the approach is shaped like this:

----------______,____
____________________\ <-- curb (approach lip)
|---driveway----|approach

anyways, i want to create a more level approach and im not really sure how to go about this. the driveway is blacktop and the approach and curb are concrete. should i find a curb grinding company to do this or is there a viable alternative?

thanks!

Old 10-22-04, 03:23 PM
R
Check with your township public works dept. Curb cuts are their responsibility. If they even agree (or allow you) to do it, you will probably end up paying for it, unless it's crumbling and in bad repair.

I had a house in Fla. that had a similar problem. Had to approach drive nearly head on to protect my car's front end alignment. Could do nothing about it. City said the curb was designed for proper street drainage.

Old 10-24-04, 12:41 PM
M
i have called around to different tool rental places and the city as well as a curb cutting company. im still waiting to hear back from both the city as well as the curb cutting company. it seems like the general consensus is leaning towards the recut, and repour the approach. im not liking that too much. i may stick a steel ramp piece out there or end up dumping some asphault down. i guess i'll wait until they respond.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: