Under slab concrete pour

Old 10-28-04, 04:19 PM
tonic1
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Under slab concrete pour

We dug out underneath an existing concrete slab an additional 6 inches deep and 8 inches in to allow for footings for a possible addition that will be 10 x10. The trenching around the two edges of the current slab is about 6 inches wide and 12" deep.
What is the easiest way to fill under the slab? Should I fill back some of the dirt before filling and what should I use to do it?

Last edited by tonic1; 10-28-04 at 04:22 PM. Reason: email notification and font correction
Old 10-28-04, 07:06 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Will this size and dimension of footer meet your building code? How do you plan to bond the new pour to the existing slab? How will you place your rebar?

Here is a general look at slabs and footers.

http://www.quikrete.com/diy/ConcreteFoundations.html

Old 10-29-04, 08:20 AM
tonic1
Visiting Guest
Concrete under slab for footing

There is no rebar. I live in an area where the clay is as hard as a rock....diggin this out was no joke! The prep work has already passed inspection as far as the building codes go. We just want ot make sure it will hold up either a screen porch (where no footings are required here) or a small eating/home office area.
The addition is only 10 x 10 and will be vinyl sided.
We had someone quote us $300 for the small area and are considering doing the pour ourselves. We just don't know how and if we can do it.
There is no acess behond the townhome for a concrete truck to pull around and do the pour easily.
DO you recommend that we put rebar underneath the slab and then do the pour? How easily can we do it all or do you think for the samll area that $300 was a very reasonable quote? The materials would cost about $100 from our estimates (pro's)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: