Use Of Texture Panels On Porch? & Pouring A New Top?

Old 11-18-04, 11:23 AM
MomFor2Gifts
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Use Of Texture Panels On Porch? & Pouring A New Top?

I want to resurface the porch. I would like to use texture plus panels on the sides, the one I am thinking of is either the garden stone or slate natural but if I use the texture plus panels that is great for the sides but what about the top?

This is a concrete slab porch with brick facing so the slab sits slightly above the brick in other words the brick and concrete slab area are not level. How do I remedy this?

What I would really like to do is make a form around all sides and pour a new concrete top with adding coloring to the concrete to get the finished look but I am not sure if I can do that or not because I would not be able to make that layer of concrete more than 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick, I am concerned that would be too thin and it would break apart soon plus some I would be concreting over would be brick on the outer part of the porch.

Any idea's? Oh I also was alternatively looking at adding a layer of mortar and doing flagstone on top of the concrete and brick but can I do that or will it break too since the existing concrete and brick are not level??? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 11-18-04, 06:49 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
layer of mortar and doing flagstone
The bed of mortar will compensate for any uneveness.

Old 11-23-04, 04:22 AM
MomFor2Gifts
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Thanks Chris, We finished it this weekend and I must say it looks great, we had previously set the pins for the rail in cement so they extended above the flagstone which made me happy. Thank goodness we didn't have to do that part again. Luckily I knew we were looking at some type of new top so they were installed approximately 2 inches higher then normal so we would have plenty of room and glad we did cause it brought the whole thing into line. Next weekend comes the cutting of the rails and install and we will finally be done yeah!!!!

I am really glad I found this forum, keep up the good work!

Angela

Old 11-23-04, 01:14 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sounds as if you have an excellent project working.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: