different colored bricks installed incorrectly

Old 01-23-05, 06:33 PM
Dewinkster
Visiting Guest
Question different colored bricks installed incorrectly

I'm having my house built. My bricks are about 4 or 5 different colors. The problem is, the bricklayers bunched together the same colors together in some areas instead of mixing up the colors. Isn't there a rule they are supposed to follow about this happening? Thanks.

Old 01-24-05, 03:45 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Did the different color brick come bundled together or did you buy 4-5 different colored brick and want the Mason contractor to mix them,

If the bricks were design with the different colors in mind then yes there is a correct way to lay the brick so the different color are not seen in obvious clusters in the Wall.

Did the brick come in cubes of about 500 broken into bundles of about 100 . The correct way to mix the brick would be to instead on grabing from the pile and working on each layer of your bundle you work the corner and start a stair step down and across the bundle of brick. Does this make sense to you?

Many bricks will will come instructions on the prober way to mix the brick so this does not happen.

Old 01-24-05, 07:13 PM
Dewinkster
Visiting Guest
Arrow different colored bricks installed incorrectly

The bricks came like you said. When I questioned my contractor about it, (the clusters), he said the company isn't paying them enough to do artwork. I told him there were directions on the bundles on how to install them and then he replied that it would be too much trouble to do all that. The big uglies are the black ones. I need to figure out how to color them to match the other ones somewhat. Thank you for your reply. My advice to anyone out there getting bricks of different colors would be to make sure the brick layers are willing to follow the directions.

Old 01-24-05, 08:00 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Laying bricks is artwork, I would complain to his boss and have the work done over the right way, you are paying a premium to have a brick house, it should look good when its done, if the brick layer does not know how to mix the brick, he should have suggested a monotone color.

Old 01-25-05, 03:23 AM
Dewinkster
Visiting Guest
different colored bricks installed incorrectly

I will find a way to make these bricks look better, but I know the company will not take down the bricks. That's true though about the monotone bricks. If they aren't going to put them up right, then really, they should put a disclosure on the selection chart. Enter at your own risk. Right?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: