Partial Pour

Old 02-11-05, 02:27 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Partial Pour

Slab house foundation is ready to be poured. Noticed that a cement truck came by and poured some of the footer on one side and left. Must have been emptying his truck. That cement will set overnight. The rest of the footers and the top cap will be poured tomorrow. Is the foundation ruined since it was not all poured at one time?

Old 02-11-05, 02:38 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
This is not my area of expertise but, where was the concrete contractor who is doing the rest of the pour? Something is wrong here. I would be on the phone REAL quick.

Old 02-11-05, 02:47 PM
J
After the Fact

Went by the site and noticed that some concrete had been poured in a couple of short footings. No one was there when I went by, they had all left for the day. I just observed what had apparently happened.

Old 02-11-05, 04:29 PM
C
If part of a footer has been poured, I would be talking to the contractor about this. I don't know that a footer has to be monolithic because of the steel in it, but it is worth asking about. Ordinarily, a partial pour is poured up to a divider of some sort along a horizontal run, not vertically. The building inspector may have a problem with this, too.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: