Installing safe to concrete wall

Old 02-13-05, 02:46 AM
rwrobs777
Visiting Guest
Installing safe to concrete wall

I'll be installing a safe in my vacation home for renters to use.It will sit on a shelf and will be attached from behind to a concrete wall. What is the best and most secure method of attachment??

Thanks,
Bob

Old 02-13-05, 11:43 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
If it's solid concrete, then inserts (like used for drywall). If it's block, you can use toggle bolts, or backing plates.

Are you sure the safe has backside drill points? Most of the safes I've seen only have drill points on the bottom.

Nice that you are installing a safe. I'd suggest one of the electronic ones with easily changable codes. Keep the master code yourself, and assign each renter their own code (if the home is near you that you can go change it). Or just assign a code to use for a month, then change it the next month, etc.

Old 02-14-05, 08:33 AM
rwrobs777
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the info. The vacation home is in Costa Rica so it might be a little hard to change the codes frequently.We usually have weekly renters so each renter would have to use their own code.I have a rental manager down there that can be issued a key ( don't know if this is what these electronic safes use for a backup in case someone can't open it)in case someone can't open the safe for some reason. I had that happen to me in a hotel in Costa Rica a while back where the maintenance man came in with some type of reader and plugged it into the safe to open it. I have not bought the safe yet but I will make sure I can attach it from the back. If I sit it on the wood shelf against the concrete wall I don't think a wood shelf is secure enough !!

Thanks again,
Bob

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: