Killing lawn and weeds

Old 02-14-05, 11:56 AM
kstrick13
Visiting Guest
Cool Killing lawn and weeds

I am making a rock parking area. Does anyone know the best way to kill off the weeds, before I lay the rock?

Old 02-14-05, 12:50 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ortho Triox is my favorite for killing weeds. I think they renamed it to Ground Clear. Ignore the instructions on the label, use a 1-1.5gal sprayer and put 1-2" of that in the bottom and top off with water. Make sure they dont want rain the same day you apply this, it will kill most anything you spray it on, including small trees and shrubs. It takes about 2 weeks to kill what you sprayed. This is cheaper then Roundup and it seems to work better.

Old 02-14-05, 04:14 PM
C
Ground Clear's a pre-emergent herbicide containing imazapyr, and functions as a soil sterilizer. A feature of this chemical is that it is mobile in the soil, persists for a long time, and kills all plants. The chemical moves downward and laterally with water movement in soils. It will kill or injure desirable plants. Nearby trees and plants can be injured or killed when the roots grow into soil treated with a sterilant, such as imazapyr. There is no treatment for a plant affected by this chemical. It will degrade over the years from rain, time, and irrigation.

Take care that there are no plants nearby that may be damaged by Ground Clear, now or in the future.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-15-05, 12:29 PM
Chris, thats why i told him to ignore the directions for putting it down with a sprinkling can. If you use it in the manner i suggest and let it dry it will not walk elsewhere. I don't trust the sprinkling can method personally. Plus any seeds/etc hit by the spray are finished.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: