Metal to brick?

Old 03-29-05, 07:42 AM
andrewblake
Visiting Guest
Metal to brick?

excuse my newbie and simple question.

I have a brick wall post and I want to put on it a metal spike system that comes in the form of a squared off 'u' shape - if you look end on. As there is little room up there and I don't want the hassle of drilling into the brick etc, is there another way of fixing the metal to the brick work? The metal objects are only about a brick's length or so.

Can I just use mortar and 'stick' the metal to it that way? Would any other adhesive work? It needs to be fixed well so that it doesn't get knocked off or pinched.

I'm not too bothered about how it looks as it will be about 10 foot off the ground.

Thanks in advance.

AB

Old 03-29-05, 07:54 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Hi andrewblake,
Welcome to the DIY Forums.

What is this "spike system " to be used for?
How much does it weigh?

There are epoxies that might be able to be used. This is depending on the application.

Please reply back using the reply button with the answers to these questions.

Old 03-29-05, 08:16 AM
andrewblake
Visiting Guest
thanks for the quick reply.

The spikes are to stop people climbing a lamppost and getting into my garden, the wall is a corner between the house wall and a fence.

Link here, its the Security Comb on the bottom of Page 2. http://www.jacksons-fencing.co.uk/Security%26Misc.pdf

It comes drilled which is fine when its a 6 foot length but as mine is for a wall post application I have had to cut it into 4 bits, about 15" or so. Mine is coated too.

Weight, about a kilo a piece I'd guess.

I thought about epoxies, would they have an adhesion problem with the top of the wall?

Thanks again

Old 03-29-05, 05:21 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
As your link was from a UK company I am assuming you are in the UK or around there.

Thixotropic Injection Resin is available in the UK and should hold for your purposes. You may be able to find it in applications other than injectable. Its for bonding wood,metal and concrete together.

Old 03-29-05, 09:54 PM
andrewblake
Visiting Guest
yes, I'm in the UK

Thanks, I will do some research to see what's available.

Old 11-19-05, 03:00 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Usa

So, are there any epoxies that can be used for adhearing brick to metal?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: