new foundation for mobile home on piers

Old 04-14-05, 02:49 PM
rubytuesday
Visiting Guest
new foundation for mobile home on piers

I just bought an older mobile home and it is not on a permanent foundation. Would it be possible to put one in now replacing pier by pier? I am fortunate that I didn't need bank financing because from what I understand it is virtually impossible to get when the home is not on a permanent foundation.

Old 04-14-05, 06:11 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 875 Upvotes on 766 Posts
No problem, just make sure you keep everything supported. I would dig the footers either along side or in between the piers you have now and go from there. If they need to be in same spot as the piers are now just support it on each side, remove, pour concrete and block it up.

Old 07-29-05, 06:16 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Foundation/Finance

Support points are very important. A general rule is 8ft O/C with extra supports at doors and/or other large perimeter openings. It would be best to contact the manufacture and get a diagram. You can do one at a time but pay attention to your utilities. Some movement will occur and you don't want problems with elec., sewer, water...... Another consideration will be popped panels or other stress related issues. Do NOT raise unit at one point more than required as this can cause frame damage!!!

Loans are available for no foundation units on the home only.
To combine land and home is a better way to go.
Check out mobilehomefinancing.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: