Sealer for concrete paint?

Old 04-22-05, 05:45 AM
BuickGN
Visiting Guest
Sealer for concrete paint?

Just finished painting my steps and walkway with Drylok's concrete paint. Came out really nice and we stayed off of it for 2 days to give it plenty of time to dry.

We had a windy night recently and it blew a lot of stuff off the trees in our front yard that are starting to have their leaves come out. There was a slight shower as well and now I have stains all over my stairs and walkway. Drylok didn't mention anything about using a sealer over their paint. All my hard work now looks like crap! It is an interior/exterior latex satin paint specifically for concrete floors.

Stains don't want to budge, what are my options? Hopefully if I recoat it the stains will not bleed thru and then maybe a clear sealer will help???

Old 04-22-05, 06:15 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Try and remove old paint, if it will not come off then try to sand it to scratch it up if nothing else/then repaint/its worth a shot.

Old 04-22-05, 03:57 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A sealer is not usually needed over a paint. Plant products often stain the most durable surfaces. I would just re-paint and see if one more coat will cover the stains.

Old 04-23-05, 12:25 PM
BuickGN
Visiting Guest
Doesn't really matter now! We have had rain for a full day and just went outside and all the paint is bubbling up!!!! I wouldn't recommend this stuff to anyone! Guess I will end up stripping it and starting all over.

This stuff was applied according to their directions. Paint set up for at least 48 hours before we had a very slight shower which caused the stain issue. The non-stop rain we had today has no made the stains a non issue!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: