stucco wall

Old 06-02-05, 12:42 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
stucco wall

I just put in central air and I have the old wall air conditioner in the wall I need to remove and replace the hole with stucco and inside with textured wall How do I fill in this large hole??
Old 06-02-05, 06:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 45,816
Received 875 Upvotes on 766 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Is your house block or stick built? If it's block you need to lay new block in the hole and then stucco. Stick built - frame the hole and cover with plywood. Then add tar paper,lath and 2 coats of stucco.

Inside nail up a piece of drywall the size of the opening. Mud and tape to existing drywall. Most textures can be duplicated with thinned down joint compound. Don't forget to put insulation in the wall.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: