Too much sealer on acid stained concrete patio

Old 06-06-05, 12:38 PM
susieqtip
Visiting Guest
Too much sealer on acid stained concrete patio

I recently acid stained my cement slab using the Kemiko acid Stain. I got the results I wanted overall from the stain. Once it was completely dried, I applied the Kemiko non-yellowing clear sealer with a low nap roller according to the instructions. I let the 1st coat dry and then applied the 2nd coat. It has been about 2 weeks since I applied the sealer and it was many white areas where I seemed to have put on too much sealer in those areas.

My questions are the following:

1. Will this eventually fade after some time?

2. If no is the answer to the above question, then what is my best solution for getting rid of those white areas? I tried scrubbing with a steal brush with no success. Any other ideas?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Old 06-06-05, 08:03 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The white spots is not from too much sealer. More than likely, its moisture from below. Another possibility is dirt (bird doo for example) that wasn't completely cleaned up. Or it could even be that you did't acid wash before aplying the stain or didn't neutralize the acid and wash it all away before staining. Its also possible they are fibers from the roller sleeve.

1. No they will not fade, at least if the sealer is any good.
2. You can't scrub them away if the sealer is any good. The spots are UNDER the sealer.

The easiest solution is to remove the sealer over the white spots (see label directions) and reseal those areas.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: