foundation "flashed"

Old 06-14-05, 01:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
foundation "flashed"

not sure if this is the correct term, but i've heard it thrown around by some friends of mine when referring to the smearing (for lack of a better word) of cement along their cmu walkway walls to make it more aesthetic.

the foundation of my cottage is cmu, and i'd like to neaten it up a bit, using this method.

i was looking for some advice / direction.

anything is appreciated.

thanks much,
Old 06-14-05, 08:11 PM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,261
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
This is sometimes referred to as parging, similar to stucco. Here is a how-to on applying this. The loose material must be remove and the surface cleaned first.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-15-05, 04:49 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
that's it...
thanks so much.


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: