raising shed slab

Old 06-27-05, 12:54 PM
billygg
Visiting Guest
raising shed slab

hey guys, have a question for you all. i have a 10 x 10 shed, that sits on a slab thats to low. when it rains quite a bit, water comes over the slab and into the shed. is there a way to raise the slab without tearing down the shed. even tho the shed frame bottom has gotten wet, it is still in great shape. i might even be able to remove the frame/shed from the slab in one piece. what would be the best recommendation here. also, do i have to tear out the old slab, or can u somehow raise that slab. it needs to be raised at leasted 3 inches, maybe more..

Old 06-27-05, 02:49 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
raising shed slab

If you feel you can temporarily raise or move the shed, do it. Then pour a slab over the old slab if it is sound.. Make the slab as thick as you want within reason to get to an acceptable elevation. You may use a little more concrete, but it should be easier than getting rid of the old slab. You should put something in the new slab to anchor the shed to.

If the bottom plate is not pressure treated, add a new plate between the new slab and the shed when you move the slab back in place.

Dick

Old 06-27-05, 03:16 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 876 Upvotes on 767 Posts
Have you considered digging a ditch or some other means of diverting the water? May be less work

Old 06-27-05, 03:37 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Why not raise the shed by installing 4" wide concrete blocks under it, and then stucco them, a lot easier and less expensive then pouring a new floor.

Old 06-27-05, 05:31 PM
billygg
Visiting Guest
thanks guys, i like the idea of trying to move the shed, ill have to see what kind of wiring is invloved to relocate. as far as blocks, if i ust put blocks on the slab, to raise the shed base, and stacco it. wouldnt water seep through into the shed still. if not, it might be a good idea.

Old 06-28-05, 05:56 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 876 Upvotes on 767 Posts
If you can get the blocks mortared together well and if the joints don't crack, water shouldn't penetrate [especially if you seal the stucco with tar] A lot of ifs but a whole lot cheaper and easier than pouring a new slab.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: