How to Clean Bricks

Old 07-23-05, 07:23 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have about 60 sq. Ft of Bricks on my porch. They are very old and dark color seeing that they are now old. I want to bring them back to the original Terra cotta reddish (or Cinammon) color. Is there a product that I can spray on or brush on and then hose down to clean them. I do not have to get them absolutely clean.
I do not want to steam clean.

I have a single family home in New York-Brooklyn. The front exterior is Brick. They are dirty from age and need cleaning. It is not a very large area about 20x12. I there a do it yourself method other than steam cleaning that I could try. Probably a spray on and hose down. or brush on and hose down. It does not have to be glossy clean/\

I am getting a contractor to steam clean my exterion bricks. I am located in New York city. The questions I have are.
1What is the lowest temperatur that one can do concrete pointing.
2. I am getting a small amount of motor removed from between the bricks before regrouting. Should this be done before or after the high pressure cleaning,
3. What is the highest pressure that the water should be applied at.

I am researching brick steam cleaning for my home. I got most of the information already. However I need to know if when the person is doing the pointing, if the masonry between the bricks should be removed before the steam cleaning or should the steam cleaning be completed first and then the masonry removed and pointed begin.

Why I am asking this question, is that the contractor wants to dig out the masonry before steam cleaning and I think that will significantly weaken the integrity of the brick and possibly even allow water to pass throuh the wall during steam cleaning.

Also do you have a recommendation for someone to do that sort of work in Brooklyn for small projects.

Last edited by twelvepole; 11-27-06 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-12-05, 09:26 PM
The Tuckpointer
Visiting Guest
Go to Prosoco.com and look up a product call Heavy duty restoration cleaner, it will bring any discolored brick back to original appearance

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: