Sorry I need concrete

Old 08-16-05, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Sorry I need concrete [No Solicitations Allowed]

I have tried everything to get away from concrete and found that the
info I received on these forums are correct and I need concrete.

So, I need to have a little 4 x 7 base build for a 900 lb generator. Do you think this is a do it yourself job or do I need a concrete genius?

If any of you live in xxxxxxxxxx, please contact me xxxxxxxxx & I will let you build this. Otherwise, besides a strong man and concrete what should I know to get this done properly. I need to know soon as the generator will be arriving and will be "dropped" somewhere at a cost of $350.00 so I don't want to move it twice.

Forum Monitors Note:
This thread has been edited.
No Solicitations Allowed In The Forum Topics.

No Solicitations to market products, services or to hire person(s) to perform work is not allowed in any forum topics.

Posting email addresses for others to contact to obtain information or to market products or directing anyone to personal web sites which can market products or solicit services, etc are not allowed. There Are No Exceptions.

Members posting any of the above or similar, anywhere on the web site are doing so in violations to the policy and are subjected to suspension or banning.

No topics are to be used for personal gain using any method. Allowing any of the above degrades the entire web site for all concerned parties. Read the forum rules for additional detailed information.

Rules posted in every forum topic. Read the announcements:
http://forum.doityourself.com/announcement.php?f=65&announcementid=112
http://forum.doityourself.com/announcement.php?f=65&announcementid=111

Sincerely,
Robert Horning.
Web Site Administrator.
Sharp Advice.
Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator.

Last edited by Sharp Advice; 08-17-05 at 06:27 AM. Reason: No Solicitations Allowed In The Forum Topics
Old 08-16-05, 10:20 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Talk to your concrete provider. They will advise you on the type of concrete you need to pour. Also, since the pad will be outside, you might consider using "air entrained" concrete, which is less suceptible to the effects of temperature fluctuation.

The pad size seems small enough to avoid having to float, but if you do you can rent a bull float for about $10-12$ per day. Be sure to use a round over edger to round off the edges of the pad.

best wishes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: