Brick a concrete patio

Old 09-02-05, 11:07 AM
mysts99
Visiting Guest
Brick a concrete patio

I have a small cement patio that is surrounded by a wood fence. There is an even smaller planter on one end that I would like to fill in with concrete. I would then like to cover the entire patio with brick. I also need to build out the one stair somehow (maybe make two stairs). Is this doable by a novice? I've seen some concrete work done on "do it yourself" shows but have never done any myself. If I were to try to fill in the planter myself, how do I get the frame to stay put? Would I nail it to the fence or just brace it from behind with something? I'm sorry this isn't very clear. It is hard to discribe visually. I've wanted to do this for a long time. Would it just be better to hire someone?

Old 09-14-05, 03:59 PM
L
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No Advertising

Hello If i may, I cannot comment on your brick project but would like to suggest an alternative.

I have a solution for your patio, . They allow you to have a solid hardwood deck without the construction/demolition costs of laying brick or pavers. The tiles will last 20-40 years and if one breaks you replace 1 sq ft at a time instead of the whole deck or area. They are 1 square foot and interlock together. They allow drainage underneath them because of a patented interlocking backing which the wood is fastened to that raises the wood off the surface. The wood is four slats to each tile and is thick at 15mm. The tiles are durable and will take a four ton load. Typically square foot price installed with this wood species can be upward of 20-30 per sq ft when dealing with constructed Ipe wood decks. These tile snap together and would go right on top of your concrete like the photo below. I am not trying to sell you these only suggest an alternative.
Check it out it might be a good option for you.

Last edited by majakdragon; 09-14-05 at 06:05 PM. Reason: cant get link to work

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: