Clean Up question

Old 09-30-05, 06:46 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Clean Up question

Sorry for the very basic question.

I will be filling a hole for a deck post using a premix. How do you clean up? What do you do with the wet leftover mix? I am using an electric mixer. Do I just hose it and my tools down and let in run down the driveway? Do I make a big pile and let it get hard on the grass and take it to the local place that takes cement?

Old 09-30-05, 07:05 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I have always just sprayed my tools off after mixing concrete. Is there a reason you are mixing so much concrete that you are going to have a "big pile" when you get done? I have always managed to have an area that I can use the excess in (at a downspout or outside faucet). Good luck with your project.

Old 09-30-05, 07:12 AM
M
So it's ok to spray and let the runoff go in the gutter?

Maybe I should not have said big. I ment maybe just more than I would consider what you would spray off.

Old 09-30-05, 07:57 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I would not let it all go down the gutter. This may pose a problem with the drain. Large amounts of concrete can cause clogs. Scoop up any large quanities and let harden. You can then use them if needed elsewere or take it to where ever accepts concerte waste. Small amounts from washing/rinsing off the tools should not pose any problems. You will want to follow the washing/rinsing off with plenty of water as a dust will form when dry. The large rocks should not be allowed to enter the drains.

Old 09-30-05, 08:27 AM
M
Thanks for your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: