Interlocking Driveway Pavers

Old 01-13-06, 09:42 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I currently have a sloped dirt driveway. I am looking at concrete vs interlocking pavers

Does anyone know the average cost per sq ft of both options installed and the cost of pavers doing it yourself? The websites I visited didn't give quotes.

Old 01-14-06, 04:55 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
the cost of concrete and concrete work varies from one area to another. call a local redi mix supplier for prices on material. give them your dimensions and how thick, they'll tell you how many yards you need. they may also refer you to a concrete finisher or two for prices. for a ballpark estimate double the cost of material. then you need to take those figures and calculate price per square foot of the finished product. web sites like lowes usually have a basic cost per square foot on the paver type products. that won't include any fill or base material or edging.

Old 01-14-06, 09:29 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

If you have a contractor do the driveway, a paving stone driveway will usually cost more than a plain concrete driveway. There are some exceptions depending on the layout and soil types. Pavers can do better with poor soils. People normally pay the extra have interlocking pavers put in by a contractor usually do it for the appearance and durability.

For many people, pavers can be a more of a DIY project and will be cheaper because you will be using more of your labor. Only the experienced or foolish tackle a large poured concrete driveway without outside help and guidance. Because a paver driveway can be built in segments over a longer period of time, and in most weather, it lends itself to more amateurs. You just have to rent some minor equipment and follow directions.

Dick

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: