Driveway cracks

Old 01-14-06, 06:49 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Driveway cracks

I have several long irregular cracks in my aggregate driveway. Do I need to fill/seal them? If so, what product do you recommend?

Thanks

Old 01-15-06, 06:38 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You need to seal/fill them only if it would help you sleep at night. They are already there, and as long as they're not affecting the usefulness of the driveway, then they're not really hurting anything.
If you are concerned about them getting ice in them, freezing, popping, and getting worse though, sealing them up could help. To do this, you've got to use something flexible like caulk. A rigid filler like patching cement would only crack and flake out too as the driveway moves around (heat, cold, slight ground movements, etc.) Make sure the crack is clean and free of all loose material, dirt, etc, then allow to dry completely. Work the caulk as deep into the crack as possible.
On an agrregate driveway, try to find a caulk that will match the color as closely as possible, like a buff or brown. To better mask the patch, you might sprinkle some brown sand on it while it's still wet. Any excess sand will easily wash off later. Good luck.

Pecos

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: