Installing Brick Pavers on Concrete

Old 02-04-06, 08:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Hi I have a project that I want to do myself but I'm not totally sure of the method to use. I have a concrete walk way and I want to install blended brick pavers (the half cut ones) on top of the walk way without the expense of tearing up and removing the concrete.

In my research all I seem to find are instructions on installing on grass or a dirt walkway with sand. That won't exactly work for me because I have steps at the foot of my walk and wanted to do those as well.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
DJP

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-06, 09:02 PM
The preferred method for installing pavers is over a compacted stone base covered with bedding sand. You can put them over concrete but it's less common.

If you dig deep enough most paver manufacturers have info on going over concrete otherwise try the concrete paver assoc. @ http://www.icpi.org

Good luck!

Old 02-04-06, 10:48 PM

Since you probably have clay pavers, contact the supplier of the pavers or the manufacturer of the pavers for installation instructions. The Brick Institute (BIA) may also have some information on their site.

Concrete pavers and brick pavers are two totally different animals. The properties of the brick pavers also vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Good luc!!

Dick

Old 02-06-06, 06:26 PM
Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I think at this point since I'm about to order my pavers. (providing the weather continues to cooperate) I'll ask my supplier for a suggestion.

Other suggestions are still welcomed though.