house building

Old 02-05-06, 05:26 PM
water boy
Visiting Guest
house building

can anyone tell me about arxx this company sells foam blocks which you can build the whole house with then fill them with concrete,is this system real ? how easy are they to erect?is this kind of building True and square?

Old 02-05-06, 07:02 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If you type in arxx blocks in your server searchbar, you will get lots of hits. From the couple I read, the installers have to be specially trained. Read one that said the concrete had to be a special mix and it was more expensive to get. Good luck.

Old 02-05-06, 08:52 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
house building

The type of construction you are referring to is ICF (Insulated Concrete Forms) construction.

It is far superior to traditional American lightweight frame construction in terms of strength, thermal efficiency and durability.

The initial cost is higher. The long term, or life cycle cost is less.

The system should only be installed by exerienced contractors. It can be a DIY project if the individual is willing to hire a person with the experience and then contribute his own effort or sweat.

No "special" concrete mixes are required. Any number of normal mixes would suffice. The key is the proper placement of the concrete and the bracing of the walls during pouring.

Many people in the disaster areas I am now evaluating wish they had used such a system.

Dick

Old 02-06-06, 01:49 PM
water boy
Visiting Guest
house building

hi i posted the question about the arxx foam constuction ,thanks for the replies .I guess what i really want to know is if anyone out there has used this stuff to build with ,iam up here in northern ontario canada.will it work as well here.is there a problem keeping it level?Its alot of money to spend if the building comes out wrong.Wood frame constuction iam accustomed to would this foam block with concrete be better? easyer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: