Stone veneer pricing

Old 02-16-06, 10:50 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Stone veneer pricing

I've been investigating prices of cultured stone veneer products for a small project. I'm a little put-off by how expensive this stuff seems to be!

My project consists of a "L"-shaped outdoor bar, with approximately 65 square feet of surface material and 7 linear feet of corner (two corners, each about 3.5 feet high).

I'm also planning on wrapping two nearby columns to the same 3.5' height, so that's another 28 linear feet of corner (3.5' x 4 for each column = 28)

I'm getting quotes of $900-$1000 for materials - consisting of stacked ledgestone-type material.

Does this sound in-line with real-world pricing? I didn't expect this to be a $40 project, but I somehow expected this material to be more economical than this.....

Are there any methods of cost reduction? Shipping is a bear, but are there any online outlets to buy material at lower prices?

Thanks for any info!

Old 02-16-06, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Stone veneer pricing

Cultured stone is more usable than natural stone and is usually much cheaper. Because of the high demand, there probably are few "great" deals on any of the good brands of cultured stone.

The best places to buy are masonry supply dealers. In some cases there are big box stores that have the good brands (if they are close to the producers). Big box store prices for good brands will vary across the country. Beware of unknown local knock-offs.

You have discovered that the weight of the product has an effect of the total price to you.

Your project is above average in cost because of the ration of corners to the wall surface area. This is common on all stone and tile jobs.

Dick

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: