Foundation Sub won't finish job

Old 02-18-06, 12:01 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Foundation Sub won't finish job

I had my foundation for my house put in the week of Christmas. They did a great job on it and told me they would be back in a couple days to do the front porch as they ran out of daylight. I had no reason to doubt him as everyone in town considers him the best foundation guy around. So I paid him the total amount of the job. Well, its been almost 2 months now and no porch. He won't return any of my phone calls either. We've spent a few days trying to locate him but are not sure where he is currently working.

Do I have any options? Will the state get involved and help me out if I call C.I.D.? Or do I need to handle this on my own?

Old 02-18-06, 12:14 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,291 Upvotes on 1,228 Posts
If you have a written contract, the threat of a lawsuit generally brings a return of a phone call. If the contract was verbal, It becomes a little more difficult.

Old 02-23-06, 03:29 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Ah, lessons learned. I don't let any customer pay a full balance until the job is done. Keeps my nose clean, and prevents the feelings you are having right now. Check with the people who you sought referrals from and see if they have any idea where he is working. Go to the site, and ask to speak to him in private. He will give you excuses, but there is no excuse for not returning phone calls. Good luck with your footings/foundation.

Old 02-26-06, 05:45 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
kinda dirty

but he is doing you dirty too. Have someone else call him to schedule an estimate. Be there when he show up. Might get him upset, but you are upset anyway and it seems like the only way to get in touch with him.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: