Floor woes

Old 03-20-06, 01:03 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Floor woes

Hopefully this is the last ? I have about this stinking garage floor. It will be a 24x34 ft level floor. I want to pour all at once. But, how do I level it? For a screet I was going to take 2 2x4's 20 ft long and screw them together like this:

My question is: Will this be good enough to keep the whole floor level or is a 24 foot span too
much?

Old 03-20-06, 03:33 PM
T
By code in most areas, garage floors have to slope towards the door. The best way to do something like this, screed wise, is to use 1x2 furring strips spaced about 8' apart, trimmed and nailed to the floor such that the top of the strip is your finished floor. You will not have fun using 2-20 foot 2x4's screwed together, nor will your results be as good as with a single good 2x4 9-10 foot long. Be sure and remove the screed strips and fill the holes during the finishing process.

Old 03-24-06, 08:15 AM
T
huh

Do you have a picture or drawing of this somewhere? Or a link to such? I'm having a hard time imagining it.

Old 03-25-06, 07:56 PM
T
Give me more info. What is the floor now, and if it is concrete, how much do you intend to raise it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: