Pier and Beam help!!

Old 04-10-06, 11:17 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Pier and Beam help!!

Hello all,

I am new to the boards and I have just perchased a house. It has been totally redone including redoing the pier and beams. Since the previous home owners have been there for 3 years and did the repairs I have a question about waht I am seeing on my walls and window seals.
Is it natural for a house to start setting in and cracks appear underthe window base. Sides of door frames?

Please let me know.

Old 04-10-06, 12:44 PM
W
Received 35 Upvotes on 29 Posts
Just a guess, but it sounds like the previous owner had some sagging problems and tried to correct them before he put the house on the market. If so, minor cracks around windows and doors aren't unusual. If that's the case, I would just keep an eye on the cracks for a while to see if they worsen. If not I would just repair them. If they spread or get larger you might consider getting an engineering evaluation.

Old 04-11-06, 08:29 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wayne Mitchell
Just a guess, but it sounds like the previous owner had some sagging problems and tried to correct them before he put the house on the market. If so, minor cracks around windows and doors aren't unusual. If that's the case, I would just keep an eye on the cracks for a while to see if they worsen. If not I would just repair them. If they spread or get larger you might consider getting an engineering evaluation.
Okay thanks, Iam just worried that I bought a house that isn't safe to live in. I will keep an eye on the cracks that have appeared.
Also would this also affect the front door leaning from the top right?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: