how far back can a cement truck dump?

Old 06-26-06, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Im putting in a slab thats 30x50 wit hthe 50' being across the front. The cement truck will only be able to pour from the front (leaching field is off to the left, woods and steep slope behind and trees to the right).

I cut the footing along the back and the sides but not the front. I will lay 1/2 rebar (2 rows) in the footing and 3/8 rebar in an 18" grid across the slab.

But Im worried about getting the truck far enough back to dump the concrete all the way to the back. How far back can they slide out the concrete?

what is the normal extra charge for a pump truck?

I was thinking of leaving out the center section of rebar across the slab to allow the truck to back into and then dropping the rebar into place after the backis poured

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-06, 12:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Call your local ready-mix supplier and see what the options are. Some have nothing more than chutes while a good one would have pumping and/or a conveyor. This is a local service item depending on the market.

For an exposed slab, use air entrained concrete if you are in a cold climate.

Just make sure you have enough people later, when it comes time to finish it. You don't want to let it get away from you on a warm, windy day.

Keep it moist afterward.

Dick