I Hate Stucco

Old 06-30-06, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I Hate Stucco

I am a residential handyman. I prefer working with wood but I do a little bit of everything. I am helping my father-in-law with some patching. He ownes two rental properties plus his own house. All have different styles of textured stucco. I am awesome at laying lath and the scratch layer but I have no idea how to match the textures. Are there special tools required or is it just flicking your wrist the right way?? A master plumber I work with a little showed me a tachnique using a sponge to get the texture similar to a light orangepeel you would use on an interior wall or ceiling. But other than that I am done. I wish I could add a picture to show what I am up against.

Can anyone give me somne solutions like any special tools or what type of stucco patch might be easier to work with.

Thanks,

chud

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-06, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
While stucco is still wet, you pass over with a finishing tool like a trowel, board, or bristles of whiskbroom to try to duplicate the texture.

Old 06-30-06, 03:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 120 Votes on 107 Posts
Stucco is normally textured with the same trowel it is applied with, at the same time of course.