thinking of a new career

Old 07-20-06, 02:52 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thinking of a new career

I am looking for someone experienced in all the aspects of mason work, i.e. brick, stone, marble, tile, etc. I have been looking for a career change for quite some time now, and masonry seems interesting. I really want to do something that I can be creative with, and if I master this trade, I think the possibilities are endless. I would love the opportunity to be able to work harder to make more money, and if I can create something that I want to create, not just do something that someone else tells me to do, I know I can make a career out of it. I'm a waiter now. I can't be a better waiter, and I'm not proud of it. Any advice would help. Oh yeah, my name is Collin and I live in Charlotte, NC. Thanks.

Deleted e-mail address. This prevents your inbox from being filled with SPAM.

Last edited by majakdragon; 07-20-06 at 02:57 PM. Reason: deleted personal information
Old 07-20-06, 05:49 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
As a rule, masons build what they are told to build. There is very little leeway in building "art" in masonry, though the craft itself is an art. If you are not comfortable doing the same exact thing over and over, all day, day after day, then you are probably not a candidate for masonry.

Masonry consists of using small units of stuff to make big things, exactly per the plan drawn by someone else (see below).

The guys who get to tell you what to build are called architects, and that may be something you would want to look into.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: