What to do with breezeblocks now?

Old 09-07-06, 12:28 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What to do with breezeblocks now?

Morning,

I have recently built (with quite a lot of help) some retaining walls made of breezeblocks in order to create a parking space. I then used concrete inside to create a surface for the car. However the breezeblocks don't exactly look great. What can I do to make it look better? I believe you can render it? But thats all I know, the word. I don't know what it means or how to do it.

As you will gather I am a complete novice at this sort of thing and as such would appreciate any and all advice.

Thank you

Matt

Old 09-08-06, 09:44 PM
J
I think I may have seen this done one time. Our former neighbor had a concrete block wall he didn't like to look at. He hired a guy who powerwashed it and then put a coating on it with a trowel - I watched him do it, and it looked like some sort of cement he was putting on it. It ended up looking uniform (none of the mortar seams showed), sort of like stucco, and when it was dry they painted it (probably with elastomeric paint) to match the house. Does that sound like what you're thinking of? The process looked to me like it took quite a bit of skill, but it really looked fine when it was done.

Old 09-11-06, 07:37 AM
M
thats the sort of thing......

.... I'm talking about. Just not sure how complicated it is! Might have to look into it.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated

Matt

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: