Anchor PT Lumber to Slab

Old 10-11-06, 06:32 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Anchor PT Lumber to Slab

I am going to be removing an exterior door and framing a wall in place of it. I am thinking of using tapcon screws to anchor the PT lumber to the slab.

How deep to the tapcon screws need to be in the concrete? What size screws should I get? IS the tapcon screw the best option considering this is a load-bearing exterior wall?

Thanks...

Old 01-22-08, 08:44 AM
A
Tapcon installation

There is a full tapcon installation video on www.confast.com
Originally Posted by errodr
I am going to be removing an exterior door and framing a wall in place of it. I am thinking of using tapcon screws to anchor the PT lumber to the slab.

How deep to the tapcon screws need to be in the concrete? What size screws should I get? IS the tapcon screw the best option considering this is a load-bearing exterior wall?

Thanks...

Old 01-24-08, 04:55 AM
A
Originally Posted by errodr

Thanks...
Originally Posted by anchor man
There is a full tapcon installation video on www.confast.com
A tapcon screw has to go into the concrete at least 1 inch but no more than 1 3/4 inch. If you try to embed the screw any deeper the lead threads will wear down, stop cutting the concrete and then the head will break off of the screw.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: