pouring concrete apron

Old 10-15-06, 10:33 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
pouring concrete apron

I am pouring a concrete apron along the back of my house. It is 5' wide. I have dug footings along the front edge and along the foundation wall. However, the block wall is very soft because the blocks are from 1947. I am worried if I pour right up against it that if there is any settling it will affect the wall. So would a piece of tar paper along the foundation wall suffice to seperate the new footings and slab from the wall? Or would I be better off trying to tie it into the wall with rebar?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-06, 11:13 AM
pouring concrete apron

The apron and the house foundation are separate structures and should not be connected in any way.

The is a control joint materisl (qasphalt treated) that is made to insert between the slab and a structure.

Place it even with the top of the slab elevation at the foundation before you pour.

Dick

Old 10-15-06, 02:17 PM
T
ConcreteMasonry, did you know that most asphaltic expansion joint filler is composed of sugar cane stalk? That is what they use it for after it is crushed and pressed for the sugar. It is called "baggesse".

Old 10-15-06, 02:53 PM
pouring concrete apron

Thanks for the bit of knoledge.

Is good to see a petroleum product that is incorporating something good for the economy and recycling for ecology.

In India, they smoke it.

Dick