Fixing finish new slab

Old 11-02-06, 11:26 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fixing finish new slab

I just poured a new slab yesterday. My brother was taking the lead in the job. I have one slab that is 8x12 connected to a second section that is 5x16 and a third area that is 3x16. My brother bull floated the mix and never bothered to magnesium or hard trowel the surface. He only bull floated it. After it began to set he broom finished it. However he pulled the aggrigate to the surface. So my finished product shows stones. What if anything can i do to fix this mess? I considered using a bonding agent and then mixing sand and cement and skimming the top and then brooming it before it sets. Is this a viable option or could someone recommend something else. The concrete cost me $950 so taking it out is not an option. To add insult to injury it rained last night and my brother said it was set enough and it also washed away at the finish. Advice please.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-06, 12:54 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Quikrete makes a concrete resurfacer that is available at about any hardware store or home center. It is a polymer modified cement that you mix, squeegee on, then broom finish. I would use a packaged mix like that instead of a home brew because all the guesswork is taken care of already. It is darker than regular concrete though. Good luck.

Pecos