any ideas would help

Old 11-02-06, 08:43 PM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
window in the wrong place

i just purchase a home and decide to make the master bath bigger the window in the master bedroom is just in the way i have a brick home and i was wondering what the best options to cover up the window i suggested frosting the windows, placing a piece of plywood and then 2by4's and drywall by husband would like to brick in the entire window problem for me is where to find the matching bricks any ides would be helpful

Old 11-02-06, 08:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,574 Likes on 1,411 Posts
Most styles of bricks can be matched. Either a local masonry contractor or a local concrete redi-mix business should be able to help you locate a match.

Old 11-02-06, 11:22 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depending on age of home and if the brick is a standard offering by the brick manufacturer, finding that particular brick may be impossible. If you can locate the brick, there will be some difference in color but a close match. Like tile, fabric, yarn, etc., manufacturing of brick is done according to Lot#.

The clay from which brick is made, say, extracted from a mountain will tend to vary within the mountain and among the batches manufactured. Many of the older, smaller brick companies are no longer in business. If, however, the home is newer chances are greater for finding that particular brick. And, if the bricked in window is on the back or side of the house where it is not that visible, any difference will be less noticeable.

Bricking in the window would provide a more permanent and aesthetic solution to your problem. Should you, however, decide to go with your option to cover over the window, placing closed shutters over the window on the exterior is an option. If you already have shutters on the house, the closed shutters would likely not be given a second thought.

Old 11-03-06, 09:22 PM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a reason you do not want to incorporate the existing window into the new master bath???????

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: